Sunday, October 24, 2010

Drunch

lanvin.com (took this picture on a recent trip to Paris. Kept thinking her hand was missing something)

Drunching: to leisurely sit and enjoy a glass (carafe, bottle) of wine in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday.

I am currently not fully employed,so I spend a lot of my afternoons enjoying extended drunches. I find it breaks up the day nicely and can lead to a wonderful mid-day nap.

Favorite Drunch Spots in NYC:
1: The New French (hudson btw. 10th and Charles): dish- The spicy steak sandwich
2: Morandi: (Waverly Place): dish- Carafe of the montepulciano
3: The Smith (3rd Ave/ 11th Street): dish- Mac and Cheese
4: Le Zie (7th Ave/ 20th Street): dish-  Chicken piccata with a glass of Merlot
..... more to come

Amazing Drunch Partners in NYC:
1: My Mom - taught me everything I know about drunching. If you don't order wine she assumes you are ill
2: Caroline NF- recently got married and employed. Seriously why must she hate me
3: Rose Wood- one of my friend's alter ego that only comes out with booze or around annoying people
4: My Sister -she slips in the ranks for the fact that she is fully employed in midtown.... but she really can drink





No comments:

Post a Comment